If you are a health-conscious person, surely you are no stranger to the phrase clean-eating. Basically, this is a diet that many people adopt, bringing outstanding effects in weight loss, maintaining fitness, and enhancing health. This article will introduce a 28-day Clean-Eating meal plan, the best healthy diet plan that you have known.
What is Clean-Eating?
What is Clean-Eating? Clean-Eating is a clean diet that uses clean, unprocessed, additive, conservative foods that preserve the natural nature of the food. Thus, the Clean-Eating diet helps the body to eliminate toxins, increasing its ability to absorb nutrients.
In short, Clean-Eating is a diet that uses foods in the most natural state, simplest and unprocessed.
- Firstly, the Clean-Eating diet helps to limit the consumption of foods that are overcooked, affecting health.
- Next, it allows you to lose weight while providing enough nutrients for your body.
- Besides, the Clean-Eating menu keeps you accountable for your meals and your own health.
To learn how to plan meals for weight loss, read more at Healthy Meal Plan For Weight Loss
Some important principles in building a clean-eating meal plan
When applying Eat Clean, each meal must contain 4 essential nutrients for your body, all foods used must be fresh and clean products.
1. Which foods to use in a clean-eating meal plan
1.1. Protein-based foods (Protein)
- Protein contains amino acids, which play a really important role in the body’s life processes.
- Source of animal protein
- Products from eggs, milk, cheese, seafood, white meats, and red meats
- White meats: Roast meat, duck meat, fish meat (salmon, tuna, place, …), chicken (without skin) – especially the chicken breast contains a large amount of protein, which you love Include in daily weight loss and muscle building menus.
- Red meats: beef, pork, lamb, … Nevertheless, you should limit foods from red meats because they contain many impurities such as unsaturated fats that are not good for your health.
- Plant protein source
- Food group from legumes: soybeans, peas, black beans, green beans, peanuts, peanuts, red beans, green beans, …
- Nuts: almonds, cashews, walnuts, pistachios …
- Vegetables: broccoli, asparagus, mushrooms, spinach, …
- Fruits: avocado, apricots, guava, mulberry, passion fruit, pomegranate, …
1.2. Fatty foods (Lipids)
- Scientists said that fat has an important role to participate in body structure. In fact, it is essential element for the structure of cell membranes, connective organizations, neurological organizations. This means adequate fats will help the body develop a very good brain, especially for young children.
- Moreover, fat is also a solvent that helps the body absorb vitamins A, D, E, K, … These groups of substances play an important role in the process of blood clotting of the body.
- Good sources of fat:
- Monounsaturated fat: Oils: olive oil, canola oil, sesame oil,…; Nuts and seeds: walnuts, chestnuts, almonds, chia seeds …; Lean meats; Avocado, cheese, black chocolate
- Polyunsaturated Fats: Includes Omega – 6 and Omega – 3. Omega-3 healthy fatty acids come from soy products, fatty fish (salmon, mackerel, herring, and sardines). tuna), walnuts, flaxseed oil, green leafy vegetables. On the other hand, Omega-6 fatty acids are found in foods: soybean oil, corn oil, sunflower oil and seeds, margarine.
1.3. Starchy foods (Carbohydrates)
- Carbohydrates are divided into two forms: simple carbohydrates (fast metabolizing starch) and complex carbohydrates (slow converting carbohydrates).
- Among them, slow-converting carbohydrates are good carbohydrates used in the daily Eat Clean diet. Undoubtedly, they are high in fiber, rich in nutrients, low in calories, and moderate and low in sodium and saturated fat. In addition, eating slow-converting carbohydrates reduces starch absorption, making us feel full for a long time, reducing appetite. Therefore, it is very good for people who are on a safe and natural weight loss diet.
- Slow-converting starch source:
- Sweet potatoes, legumes, whole grains (whole wheat products, wheat, buckwheat, corn …), oats, brown rice, nuts (millet, quinoa, black sesame …), low-fat yogurt …
- Dark green leafy vegetables, cauliflower, broccoli, mushrooms; fruits like apples, grapefruit, avocados, …
1.4. Foods contain vitamins and minerals
In fact, vegetables and fruits are indispensable foods in your Clean-Eating process. Especially, for vegetables and fruits, you c prioritize seasonal foods that will be more delicious and safe.
2. Foods that need to be limited in use for a clean-eating meal plan
- Canned and processed foods
- Greasy, fried, fast foods
- Sweets, foods high in sugar and salt
These are foods that contain additives, colorants, food preservatives and high amounts of calories, fast-converting carbohydrates, as well as saturated fat. Consequently, long-term use of these foods can have a negative impact on your health, weight, and psychology.
28-day Clean-Eating meal plan
Generally, you have an overview of a clean food plan. However, you do not know how to get started to build a healthy diet menu? Here are a few suggestions for building a 28-day Clean-Eating menu that we synthesized.
1. Ideas for Clean-Eating breakfasts
- Toast: Serve with peanut butter (unsweetened) or Homemade Nut Butter on multigrain toast or English muffin
- Yogurt: Plain yogurt (with a splash of maple syrup) with granola or berries
- Muesli or granola: Cinnamon Pecan Muesli or Healthy Granola
- Avocado toast: Avocado Toast with Egg
- Muffins: Apple Oatmeal Muffins, Banana Oatmeal Muffins, or Blueberry Oatmeal Muffins
- Mini Frittatas: Veggie Mini Frittatas
- Smoothies: Smoothies made from berries like strawberry, berry, blueberry, or honeydew smoothie
2. Ideas for Clean-Eating Lunches
- Salads: Simple Chickpea Salad, Mexican Quinoa, Black Bean Salad, Vegan Italian Pasta Salad, Lentil Salad, Classic Egg Salad
- Beans: Easy Cannellini Beans, Easy Black Beans, or Easy Chickpeas
- Fruit & dip: Peanut Butter Dip with green apples
- Mini frittatas: Veggie Mini Frittatas (made ahead & refrigerated or frozen)
- Veggies & dip: Hummus, Green Hummus, or White Bean Dip, veggies and crackers, cheese
- Sandwiches: Egg Salad Sandwich, Chickpea Salad Sandwich, Mediterranean Veggie Sandwich, Classic TunaSalad, Tuna Salad with Egg, Avocado Tuna Salad, or Ultimate Hummus Sandwich
- Toasts: Ricotta & White Bean Toasts, Avocado Toast
- Rollups: Hummus and Veggie Roll-Ups, Mexican Pinwheels
- Sides: Easy Stuffed Dates, Perfect Boiled Eggs
- Crackers & dip: Famous Tomato Dip,
- Lentils: Seasoned Brown Lentils with Greek yogurt or cashew cream and pita wedges
- Soups: Creamy Vegan Tomato Soup
3. Ideas for Clean-Eating dinners
- Pan-fried salmon
- Salads: lettuce, cherry tomatoes
- Pan-fried chicken breast, shredded
- Stir-fried corn (olive oil)
- Cauliflower, turnip greens, red radish, sweet cabbage, corn, okra, pumpkin, .. (boiled)
- Brown rice
- Fried mackerel (olive oil)
- Stir-fried eggs
- Lean steamed pork – Peanut butter sauce
- Kale fried without oil
- Stir-fried shrimp with fat mushroom (olive oil)
- Brown rice noodle with shrimp sauce
To sum up, we have suggested a list of dishes suitable for each meal of the day. Now your job is very simple: to find a way to mix the dishes presented here to suit your taste! However, remember to change your menu regularly to stimulate your taste buds and maintain the habit of Clean-Eating.
In conclusion, the 28-day Clean-Eating meal plan is waiting for you ahead. Make a plan for each day and stick to it. Let’s create the best healthy meal plans with WellTrainning!