5K is a short-range running suitable for all people of all ages, all health conditions. Running for a distance of 5 km is a prerequisite for you to run further, making running an indispensable practice routine in everyday life. Consult our 6-week 5K training plan for beginners.
How to build a training plan for beginners?
The first thing you need is a determination
- Please write down or print a schedule and post it anywhere (such as refrigerator, door, desk …) that easily catches the eyes of you and others.
- When it’s not enough to fight laziness and have a lot of reasons for procrastination, you need supervision, prompting, and encouragement.
Take care of all combinations
- Basically, a 5 km running plan gives you the simplest access to long-distance running (for beginners, 5 km long) as simple as possible.
- The exercise program has a combination of walking and running, extending the time the legs move, moving on the ground (if exercising outdoors).
- The legs, as well as the body, gradually adapt to the changes, switching from walking to running more than walking.
It’s good for beginner to know types of runs: 8 Types Of Runs Every Runner Should Know About
Detailed 6-week 5K training plan for beginner
To start this plan, you should spend at least six weeks running/walking for about 30 minutes, five days a week, and run at least twice the time you spend walking.
Note: You need flexibility in this plan:
- If it’s too easy, skip to the next week’s exercise.
- If the level is too heavy for your fitness level that indicates that the training is going too fast, take 2 weeks of training for a planned week – although ideally, you will finish the program in up to 14 weeks maximum.
WellTraining Training Plan for Beginner
Goal: 5 km
Some little notes when training
- You can have a snack 2 hours before a workout to avoid a sudden hunger strike that could knock your willpower.
- Before entering a running exercise, you need to warm up slightly by walking slowly and stretching after running.
- No success comes easily without a sweat, you don’t need to be in a hurry.
- Be patient and run will help you gradually “enlighten” this.
- Remember to drink enough water for your body after running.
- On holidays, you can do other sports that you like: swimming, cycling, gym …
Improve fitness with the 6-week 5K training plan is really helpful for beginners, as long as you stick to it. Good luck!