Eating scientifically is always a measure of top priority for those who are planning to lose weight as well as maintain body shape. But not everyone knows how to build a healthy meal plan for weight loss. This article provides all useful knowledge about this special plan.
Basic rules in the healthy meal plan for weight loss
Losing weight in particular and all the activities in your life in general, get the best results only when you follow the rules set for them. It is important to remember the basic eating rules below.
1. It should be an appropriate eating plan
The first thing you need to do is to create a clear and specific healthy eating plan. There are several recommended diet options out there, but the best advice for you is: “Stay alert!”.
Remember that each person’s body is different and has its own absorption capacity. Choose the most proper diet for yourself and make sure you have the time and money to implement them.
2. Must thoroughly learn the knowledge related to sustainable weight loss
More haste, less speed. A common mistake made by people trying to lose weight is to find the fastest weight loss plan possible. But you know, the human body needs some getting used to. Losing weight too quickly will make the body severely dehydrated, leading to unpredictable consequences.
3. Must strictly follow the diet you have set out
Sure, the plan is put in place so you take it seriously. Set short-term and long-term goals, and limit yourself as well. And in case you violate your own plans, set a penalty.
4. In terms of science
- There are many ways to safely lose weight and according to experts, a safe weight loss rate is about 0.5 – 1 kg/week. If you lose weight faster than this, you face health risks such as malnutrition and gallstones and feel tired and weak.
- Theoretically, weight loss is to make calorie intake less than calories consumed. So if you want to lose weight faster, you need to eat less and exercise more.
For example, if you take 1,050-1,200 calories per day combined with one hour of exercise per day, you could lose 1.5−2.5 kg during the first week. However, as mentioned earlier, it is important not to cut back on too many calories for rapid weight loss, as that is very dangerous.
Proper weight loss requires a combination of a healthy diet with exercise, read more at: Can I Go Running At Night For Weight Loss?
Essentials for a healthy meal plan for weight loss
1. The rules of the timetable for a healthy meal plan
- Absolutely do not skip meals, especially breakfast
The research results show that skipping meals is not good for weight control of the body. Many people who want to lose weight should skip meals because they believe that the less they eat, the faster they will lose weight. However, a lack of meals can make you feel cravings for snacking – one of the factors that hinder weight loss.
Eating a high-protein breakfast helps to reduce cravings and calorie intake throughout the day.
- Eat your main meal at the right time
Eating enough meals and eating at the right time of day will have a better calorie-burning effect when eating around, irregularly, not on time. This also helps you limit and control the daily snacking habits, helping you to lose weight better.
2. The rules of nutrition for a healthy meal plan
- Cut back on refined carbs: One way to lose weight quickly is to cut back on sugars and starches, or carbohydrates. You can plan to eat low-carb or cut back on refined carbs and replace them with whole grains. With a low-carb plan, you’ll take advantage of burning stored fat for energy instead of carbs. Besides, eating more complex carbs like whole grains along with the lack of calories will help your body digest more slowly and make you feel full longer.
- Eat protein, fats, and vegetables: Each of your meals should include: a source of protein, a source of fat, vegetables, and a small portion of complex carbohydrates such as whole grains.
- Protein: Eating a recommended amount of protein is essential to help maintain muscle health and mass while losing weight. Healthy sources of protein include beef, chicken, pork, lamb, salmon, tuna, shrimp, whole eggs, and plant-based proteins like legumes, quinoa, and tofu.
- Vegetables: They are loaded with nutrients and you can eat very large amounts without adding a lot of calories and carbs. Vegetables to complement a low-carb or low-calorie eating plan: broccoli, cauliflower, spinach, tomatoes, kale, cabbage, lettuce, and cucumber.
- Healthy fats: Don’t be afraid to eat fat. Your body still needs healthy fats no matter what food plan you choose. Olive oil and avocado oil are great choices to include in your diet healthy. Other fats such as avocado and coconut oil should only be used in moderation due to their higher saturated fat content.
- Drink lots of water: Water is a very important component in most activities of the human body. Drinking plenty of water will help remove toxins from your body, helping to increase metabolism. Note that you should stay away from alcohol, high-calorie drinks, and sugary drinks because it will make you gain weight quickly. To make the water more attractive and delicious, you can add fresh fruits such as cucumber, kiwi, oranges to the water to drink.
Some considerations when building a healthy meal plan for weight loss
1. Do not buy snacks
A healthy diet menu does not contain snacks. The fact is that junk food is usually more convenient and delicious than the meal eaten at meals. So hoarding junk food will stimulate your taste buds, causing unwanted cravings.
2. Cut the food into small pieces
When food is chopped up, you tend to eat less than whole foods. Experts explain that ready-to-eat foods make eaters feel more satisfied. At the same time, it helps control portion sizes better.
3. Eat in a small bowl
Another tip that can be mentioned is to eat in a small bowl. When you eat a small bowl, you will be satisfied with your small serving size. Eating in a small bowl has the effect of effectively limiting and effectively controlling how much food you consume with each meal.
4. Eat slowly
Maybe this sounds downright absurd, but it’s true, our brain takes about 20 minutes to signal that you’re full. Therefore, you need to eat slowly enough for the brain to transmit this signal correctly, to avoid overeating the body with excess calories causing fat formation.
5. Combine with exercise for fast weight loss
Last but not least, combine a healthy diet plan with exercise. In addition to helping you burn calories, exercise also improves your mood, strengthens bones, and prevents the risk of high blood pressure and many other diseases.
The above are essential notes for a healthy meal plan for weight loss. You can consult and find out the best-working healthy meal plans for families from there. Remember to combine your diet with your exercise regimen, only then will you achieve the best weight loss effects.
28-Day Clean-Eating Meal Plan: Best Diet Plans
42+ Zero-Calorie Foods Must Try For Weight Loss